I really enjoy reading the cards in the full board or grand tableau layout which consists of the entire Lenormand deck. There is the 9 x 4 & 8 x 4 + 4 & 6 x 6. I’m not always in the mood to read a large landscape of cards, 😆 . I find that I receive just as much information using the 4 x 4 + 2 layout which is exactly half the cards = 18.
You may want to try this mini GT layout. Today I am featuring Rootweaver’s Vintage Lenormand. This deck really brings the images up close. When you look at the cards you see the symbol of the card without much else going on. I really like Rootweaver’s approach.
One thing you will notice if you do try the 4 x 4 + 2 layout is that your Significator may not appear in the first 18 cards. This means much of the activity around you will center around other people’s issues and external circumstances.
A. go ahead and read the cards
B. take the remaining deck and lay out another spread
C. reshuffle and try again. If you reshuffle, it is best to only do it once more
D. not read the cards on the day of shuffle
What I do is B.
Let’s suppose the other Significator card is missing from the layout and yours is there. Go ahead and read the cards for yourself. This means the person represented by the other Significator card will be more in the background and not play an important role in the next few weeks/months.
I would say based on my practical experience with this layout the time frame is roughly 3-6 months if no time frame is requested of the cards. Even if you do request a reading within a certain time frame the cards might and might not listen to you. 😉
In the image below, luckily both Significator cards appeared within the 18 cards. Also, they lie in the very first column suggesting the reading is focused more on the development of future situations. They can be new circumstances or they can be a continuation of things which these two people have already experienced in the past.
How to read the bottom two cards.
These two card can
- reveal a vital concern
- reveal a situation which is on the mind of the consultant
- over all energy involved in the layout
- result of column 2 and 3’s theme or topic or life category
- sometimes it is the surprise or unexpected situation
I have drawn several lines in the layout image 🙂 to give you an indication of how I scan the cards initially. If you click on the image it should enlarge. Of course, you have your own methods which might differ from mine. Bottom line we should arrive at the same predictions/interpretations or pretty close to it.
I’m not going to read all the card but I will detail some observations I have made in relation to the recent background between this couple.
Background: The reading is for a female – Lady Significator. Her male partner is represented by the Gentleman card (above her). This couple has been experiencing a drifting in their relationship. He is unhappy at his workplace. She is unhappy with him and probably herself as well. He has been a jerk lately. She has been a b*tch. She is starting not to trust him. He thinks she is lazy. And so on. Need I say more. You know the typical stuff which goes on when a relationship when it is seriously strained.
- Coffin card above Gentleman suggests he has had it with this relationship. He feels it is ending.
- Gentleman card above Lady indicates he is very much on her mind. She is also experiencing the Coffin influence because if it affects him it affects her.
- Anchor card as a summary of the first column. Looks like this couple will have to “work” very hard at this relationship.
- Coffin + Child + Birds + Tower = some new situation is in the near future which will create much worry for this couple.
- Lady + Whip – she is one nasty fighter. She could confrontational. She could be in physical /emotional pain. She is a b*tch.
- Lady + Whip + Lily + Scythe – she is heading into a situation which will deplete her of peaceful energy
- Lady + Garden + Clover – she will experience some brief joy from an outing very soon.
- Gentleman + Bouquet – he doesn’t like fighting. He doesn’t think there is anything seriously wrong.
- Gentleman + Bouquet + House + Ring – he is planning to buy something for the house thus the cycle begins again.
- Gentleman + Whip + Letter – he might receive some news or information which will provoke him.
The very last column TOWER + RING + SCYTHE + RIDER strongly suggests a break up could very well happen within the next 3-6 months. The Rider is definitely bringing some challenging news.
Bottom two cards: SUN + CLOVER – This couple will be happy again in the relationship but it is not a “staying” happiness.
My interpretation is a brief scan of potential predictions. I can see much more information as well but I do want to move on to the tasks at hand.