Today, I am going to ask the Lenormand where a lost/misplaced item is but first you need a little background as to why I am asking the question. Background information around questions is very helpful when interpreting cards to find answers to important questions. It’s not a game. Too much time can be wasted in the “you’re the psychic read my mind mentality”.
As you may know my dear mom passed away May 2010. Mom had a book with no cover which was written in her native language (Yugoslavian at the time the book was written). I know the book is here somewhere. There is a chapter in this book about old fashioned cartomancy, astrology, symbols etc. Several times I had to re-staple the chapters because of the wear and tear. It has lots of writing in it, too, as form of note-keeping for future reference.
Since the Lenormand cards are the latest new loved dessert among Cartomancers I chose the Magisches Lenormand to demonstrate my findings in the reading below.
As I said above it is important to understand the background surrounding this question and my involvement. Herein lie many clues to assist in the interpretation.
My interpretation will be brief in point form.
- energy around the question has some sadness because mom is gone
- something final
- a test
- is it a religious message?
WHAT I KNOW: Book
- I know I’m asking about an actual physical book
- I know the secrets in this book which are mom’s written notes
- I know the Book card is trying to tell me to look at the next card
WHAT I AM NOT SEEING: Moon
- my own feelings are getting in the way
- the whole situation is stirring up memories of mom
- am I looking in the shadows?
- it’s probably right in front of me
ADVICE OF CARDS: Anchor
- I feel some stability from this card
- does this mean the book is in the same place as I put it after mom passed?
- something heavy?
- something stuck?
- normally, the Rider speaks of something on its way
- is the book waiting for me to find it?
- notice the rider is heading towards the Anchor card (directions technique)
- am I suppose to retrace my steps?
CLARIFICATION CARD: Coffin
- the energy is one of ending but with hope
- is the Rider card telling me to look in areas which have to do with the funeral papers?
- have I put the book with mom’s personal treasures
UPDATE: MARCH 14/14- part of the book was located a few weeks ago. It was hidden in a tote box along with some vintage crochet books & cartomancy research journals from the 1970-80’s. The other half of book is still missing. I must have taken it apart to hole punch since there are a few pages already done.
After scanning the cards with all the points I have written I do not get the feeling that I won’t find the book. I get the feeling I will. Is the book hidden my vast collection of probably 300+ books, cards, card sets? Or did I put it somewhere special?
Ok, so what I am not seeing is the Moon card’s energy. This card has the answer. After some further study of the actual moon in the Moon card it is a full moon unlike quarter moons in some decks. To me, this is a timing element. Full moon – 28 day cycle. The Magisches Lenormand also sports many twinkling stars which indicate the skies are mostly clear.
I want to blend the Coffin card with the Moon card for clues. The Moon card also represents my intuition and it’s blocked in this case because of my own personal involvement. Grief takes a long, long time to deal with.
My question for the Magisches Lenormand was “where” is my mom’s book and not “will I find mom’s book”.
Where: near something heavy, near other books, near mom’s personal treasures, near a bible (Cross), near pictures of the moon, near wooden boxes (Coffin) and so on.
After doing this exercise I am going to look in all the places the cards are suggesting.
Additional update: I just added this thought – mom died on the full moon in May 2010. She loved the full moon. I am going to look up what sign the full moon was in at the time of her passing and maybe there will be an Astrological hint. I just checked the moon was in Gemini which is my mom’s Sun Sign. In my chart, Gemini rules the 7th house which is connected to matters legal in nature. I bet you I stored the book with those papers. I’m almost having a vision of putting the book in a filing box of some sort……